Arc of North Central VA
The Arc of North Central Virginia (NCV) serves families in Culpeper, Fauquier, Madison, Orange, and Rappahannock counties. We are an advocacy organization that promotes and protects the human rights of people with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD), ensuring they are valued members of the community, and supported to reach their fullest potential. We strive to partner with other community organizations to expand the supports to people in our community, and inform and empower families in all areas of community living. Our vision is to foster development of a community that encourages inclusiveness and acceptance through education and advocacy, and support to families, caregivers, and friends.
● Provides direct, individualized consultations with families;
● Hosts informational and social events for people with I/DD, their families and caregivers;
● Collaborates with local public and private organizations to foster an understanding of individuals with I/DD and their needs, and to advocate for appropriate services;
● Serves as a local clearinghouse for information on I/DD;
● Participates in advocacy at the state and local levels to protect the rights of, and develop improved supports for, individuals with I/DD; and
● Offers "Caregiver Cafes" where caregivers meet and support each other in small and large group conversations designed to build resilience and connection.